Saturday, April 22, 2006
Sorry we haven't updated in a while, it's been a very busy month indeed! Among our accomplishments in the past few weeks:
- We trained over 50 recruits in the current class at the Wayne County Regional Police Training Academy in Pekiti Tirsia Edged/Impact Weapon Control Dynamics.
- We have officially incorporated Tuhon Gaje's unique method of pistol QCB/Tactical Shooting into our training cirriculum.
- We have developed a syllabus for teaching the Batangas-style of knife fighting to advanced students (with the full support of our mentor "Tito Jun" Saludo.)
- We have established a Batangas-style knife fighting affiliate club in Europe.
- We are in the process of establishing two Pekiti Tirsia club affiliates in the Saginaw/Flint area.
- We have forged strong bonds of Brotherhood with our Silat Melayu extended family in Malaysia, including members of Silat Kuntau Tekpi, Silat Cekak Hanafi, and Silat Kalimah.
- We are expecting some exciting news from our Indonesian family very, very soon!
In the next few weeks, we'll be hitting the road again to train with Supereme Grand Tuhon Leo T. Gaje Jr. and all of our good friends at Rochester Kali. On the homefront, we are just about at capacity with regards to accepting new students. The good news is that several of our senior members will be starting clubs of their own in the near future. One thing you can be sure of, if it has the "stamp" of the Detroit Maphilindo Pitbulls - you will receive nothing less than the finest training in the Malay fighting arts (the Philippines, Malaysia, and Indonesia) available in the midwest!