Here are some important questions from last week’s class. If you can answer them, you are well on your way to refining your skill in combat – or you were at least paying attention:
1. Which petua deals specifically with the transfer/release of energy?
2. In sequence, this petua would be […] gerak? (fill in the blank)
3. How does this petua apply to grappling in Silat? Do other forms of grappling – wrestling, jiujitsu, etc - employ this principle?
4. Find this petua (if it exists) in Pekiti-Tirsia:
a. In footwork
b. In a stick drill
c. In a stick disarm
5. Cite a specific buah that clearly emphasizes this petua –hint: it’s the one that puts the opponent “to sleep”.
6. Cite an example of this petua somewhere in nature.
The first person to email me with the correct answers wins a prize!